Piedmont Handgunners Association
Login to Membership Portal
PHA is a non-profit organization formed of like-minded individuals who realize the importance of having a safe and accessible place to shoot. Our location is well suited, and much planning has gone into making our ranges as safe as possible, but we still have neighbors. We’ve been a place to shoot since 1979, but one lapse in judgment from a bad shot could potentially close us down. Because of this, it is of utmost importance that members abide by our safety rules.
Piedmont Handgunner’s Association Range Rules
1. Safe firearms handling is a prerequisite for the use of our range.
2. All firearms must be kept safe except when on the firing line or when carried on your person, open or concealed carry. Muzzles must be pointed in a safe direction at all times.
3. No firearms will be handled for any reason when anyone is forward of the firing line (COLD RANGE condition).
4. Any time the range is called cold, all firearms must be unloaded and benched, with magazines removed or bolts, slides, and cylinders open. Use of Empty Chamber Indicators (ECI) is highly recommended.
5. Every member is a Safety Officer and has the responsibility to politely remind someone about our rules should they observe an unsafe act or a safety violation. Do not act confrontational, but make a Board Member aware of the situation if the situation cannot be corrected in a professional manner.
6. PHA Range facilities are for PHA members and their guests (2 per member).
7. Range shooting hours are from 8:00 am until sunset, or until you can no longer safely see your target and the backstop. A member may come and go outside these hours.
8. All targets must be placed directly in front of the berms unless under the direction of a Match Director. Do not place targets between the firing point and the leading edge of berms since this can cause dangerous ricochets.
9. No shooting at rocks, bottles, or other trash-type objects or any object on the ground.
10. Shooters under 18 years of age must be under the direct adult supervision of a member. Members will not shoot at the same time that underage shooters and guests are shooting.
11. Members and guests are required to observe common courtesy and allow others to post and check targets within reasonable limits. Likewise, shooters must not be unreasonable in their requests for posting or checking their targets.
12. Fire only at targets directly in front of your firing point; no cross-firing. Angled shots may not hit or be stopped by the berms.
13. NO HUNTING ON PHA PROPERTY.
14. Members must always display their membership badges on their person while on PHA property.
15. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON PHA PROPERTY. Persons under the influence of any substance which may impair their judgment will not use PHA facilities.
16. No exploding targets or tracer ammunition.
17. No firearms capable of firing more than one round per trigger press are allowed.
18. Eye and ear protection is required on or directly behind the firing line by all shooters and observers during any firing phase.
19. Members and guests are required to clean their area of any trash before leaving, including shotgun shell hulls. Please leave the range better than you found it.
20. Entrance gate must be unlocked and locked by members only! Sharing the combination with a non-member is cause for loss of membership!
21. Any acts of vandalism observed should be reported to a board member immediately or as soon as possible to allow for a review of the cameras to identify the responsible party. An attempt should be made to identify the person committing the vandalism by name or license plate number and description of the vehicle.
22. Commands from Range Officers, Match Directors, and Board Members must always be obeyed as it relates to the safety and operation of PHA Range Facilities.
23. All pets must remain inside your vehicle while you are on PHA Range property.
24. Any accident resulting in injury to any person while on PHA property must be reported to the Club President or the Range Safety Officer immediately, and an Incident/Witness Report must be completed within 24 hours.
Violation of the above rules is or may be cause for expulsion from PHA without a refund of dues.
All Rights Reserved